Monday, December 15, 2008

Decorating







Well Payten is almost 16 months old and I am still working on her room. Mostly because I am picky. I could never find letters that I liked to put above her bed. They were all just too simple and I would have had to paint them and put a lot of work into them. So I helped out in a boutique a couple weeks ago and sat next to someone who did the vinyl lettering. She had something like these but that were blocks and said sisters. I told her this was EXACTLY what I wanted except on thin wood and with ribbons to hang on her wall. I think it turned out PERFECT!!!
As for the shadow box. I have been meaning to do it for a long time now and just have procrastinated doing it. It is still not done (obviously cause it is lying on the bed and not hung on the wall!). I need to get the lettering and at the top put "Madyson Payten Hollobaugh" and at the bottom put "September 30, 2007" . This is the dress and shoes my mom knitted for her and that she was blessed in. It is one of my most cherished things. The picture does it no justice. It it 26x20 ( I think) or maybe even bigger. HUGE!! It is made to put a sports jersey in. Anyway when I get it done I will post and try to take a good picture, but not til after the holidays!!

5 comments:

The Hall Family said...

Cute letters and that is a good idea with the shadow box.

Ashley said...

I love it. The Letters and the dress. I am still working on Tyler and Raquels room too.

Porters said...

Way cute Sara, its good to wait and get just what you want or you end up spending more money then you wanted too. Love the blessing dress; my mom made the girls their blessing dresses too it has the lace from my wedding dress on it. Don't worry it was left over from fixing the back of the dress. But that means alot to me to have that on the dresses. As for Mason he got a cute little suit, no lace for him.

The*Evans*Family said...

Looks great! I think moms are always working on their kids rooms. Well, I am too at least. It will be fun to see everything up eventually. :)

The Cronin Family said...

Those letters are so cute! I'm officially jealous!